Many people these days are sue happy. Everywhere one turns they can hear of a yet another law suit for medical negligence. It is thought that in this economy with so many people out of work; why not play with the idea of a medical malpractice law suit as obtaining needed monies. Each year, several such cases are brought to the court of law. If you too are a victim of medical malpractice, you have the absolute right to consider a malpractice claim against the health professional in question. However, to win such a case, it is essential to provide suitable evidence to prove that he/she was negligent during the treatment and that his/her action or complete lack of action caused further damage to your physical condition.
As such claims are expensive and very difficult to prove, it is advisable to prepare yourself well and analyze all the pros and cons before taking any decision. Here are 5 steps to follow before proceeding to the court to sue your doctor for medical negligence:
1) Get in touch with a reputed attorney who has sufficient experience in dealing with medical malpractice cases. Hiring a lawyer might cost you a bit, but it is essential as he/she can help you file a lawsuit against the doctor in question.
2) A medical negligence claim is not very easy to prove. Therefore, before you proceed to the court, make sure you have enough evidence to establish that deviation from the normal standard of care harmed you and that other doctors of the same skill and experience level would not have acted in this manner.
3) Besides, to establish your claim, you would need to provide witnesses. An expert testimony can make the scale tilt in your favor. Therefore, locate as many expert witnesses as you can.
4) Next, collect suitable documents that can prove that the injury that you suffered was caused due to your doctor’s negligence. Bear in mind, that you cannot sue a doctor for an injury that was caused before you consulted him/her.
5) During the trial, make sure you bring at least two copies of all your medical records to the court. You have the absolute right to demand a copy of your records from the doctor’s office. Also, file medical records from the office of the doctor who treated the injury caused due to the negligence of the accused practitioner.
To put it in simple words, if you do proper research, follow the above guideline, and collect enough evidence to prove your claim, you are sure to win the case against the negligent doctor.
HospitalNegligence.co.uk is specialist medical negligence solicitors who deal only with claims arising from mistakes made by doctors, nurses, midwives and other healthcare professionals. Their solicitors specialise in medical negligence claims and many of them are leaders in their field. They have successfully settled thousands of claims and have the necessary skills and experience to navigate the complex field of medical negligence law.They have solicitors with expertise in every type of medical negligence claim so your enquiry will quickly reach a legal expert with the ability to progress it to the next level.